Join a meeting without a Teams account
You can join a Teams meeting anytime, from any device, whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don’t have an account, follow these steps to join as a guest.
Note: Some meetings don’t allow people to join as guests.
- Go to the meeting invite and select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- That’ll open a web page, where you’ll see two choices: Download the Windows app and Join on the web instead. If you join on the web, you can use either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Your browser may ask if it’s okay for Teams to use your mic and camera. Be sure to allow it so you’ll be seen and heard in your meeting.
- Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings. If the meeting room (or another device that’s connected to the meeting) is nearby, choose Audio off to avoid disrupting. Select Phone audio if you want to listen to the meeting on your mobile phone.
- When you’re ready, hit Join now.
- This will bring you into the meeting lobby. We’ll notify the meeting organizer that you’re there, and someone in the meeting can then admit you.
- If no one admits you to the meeting within 15 minutes, you’ll be removed from the lobby. If that happens, you can try joining again.
Some features of Teams meetings aren’t available to guests.
Even if you don’t have a Teams account, you can still join a Teams meeting on the mobile app. Here’s how:
- In the meeting invite, select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- If you don’t already have the Teams mobile app, you’ll be taken to your app store to download it.
- Download the app and open it right from the app store page.
Teams will ask if it’s okay to use your mic. Be sure to allow it so others in the meeting will be able to hear you.
- Next, you’ll be given two options for joining your meeting: Join as a guest or Sign in and join. Choose Join as a guest.
- Type your name and tap Join meeting.
Once you’re in the meeting, you can turn your video or mic on or off by tapping on the center of your screen to show the meeting controls. Tap again to hide them.